Seems like it's gotten pretty old pretty quick, but the Ice Bucket Challenge has raised over $31 million for ALS research - We dare say mission accomplished on raising awareness via the viral hit.
Both Kyle and myself have recently been called out in the challenge and today (August 21) we are filming our acceptance of it.
If you haven't been challenged or you have but not yet completed it; we found some handy dandy tips.
- Don't have someone dump the water from a balcony. They'll end up dropping the whole BUCKET by mistake. It's a miracle no one's been seriously injured yet.
- Don't do it somewhere slippery. Outside on the grass is perfect. In the shower or in the kitchen is NOT.
- Don't use too much water. Remember, you have to be able to lift it over your head. But also don't be the lame person who just dumps a GLASS of ice water on their head.
- Be upbeat about it. In half of the videos you see, the people have ZERO energy. But it makes for a much better video if you act EXCITED about doing it.
- Make it quick. Don't spend two minutes talking. People just skip through that part of the video anyway. Unless you're doing something REALLY creative, you should be able to nominate people AND dump the water on yourself in about 20 seconds.
Use this tips and good luck in your attempt. Our video will be posted soon.